This outline was prepared for a CLE given on
October 9, 1998
1. Constitutional and Statutory Basis for Tax Sales.
2. Law or Equity Case
3. Strict Compliance with Statutory Requirements.
4. Presumptions and Burden of Proof.
5. Statutes of Limitation.
6. Tax Execution.
7. First Notice Requirement-Notice of Delinquent Tax.
8. Second Notice Requirement - Levy on Execution
9. Third Notice Requirement - Levy by Posting Notice at Property.
10. Fourth Notice Requirement - Advertisement of Sale
11. Sales Procedures.
12. Rights of Owner During Redemption Period.
13. Fifth Notice Requirement - Notice of Approaching End of Redemption Period.
14. Sixth Notice Requirement - Notice of Sale to Mortgagee
15. Exercise of Right of Redemption.
16. Official May Void Tax Sale
17. Failure to Redeem - Delivery of Tax Title to Bidder.
18. Miscellaneous Matters Involving Tax Sales
19. Practice Tips
Mon. - Fri. 8:30am - 5pm
City of Charleston
City of Folly Beach
City of North Charleston
City of Isle of Palms
Town of Awendaw
Town of Hollywood
Town of James Island
Town of Kiawah Island
Town of Lincolnville
Town of McClellanville
Town of Meggett
Town of Mount Pleasant
Town of Ravenel
Town of Rockville
Town of Seabrook Island
Town of Sullivan's Island
E-mail your comments or questions about this site to
Report technical problems with this site to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is the official web site for Charleston County Government.
Copyright © 2000-2019, Charleston County, South Carolina. All rights reserved.